- When Should I Stop Feeding Hummingbirds?
- Make Birth Baths Bird Friendly
- Red Diamondback Rattlesnake - What a Beauty!
- Broad-tailed Hummingbirds – Did You Know?
- Why Did My Turtle Lay an Egg?
- Help! I Have a Sick Bird at my Bird Feeder
- Is My Tortoise Constipated?
- Do Hummingbirds Remember Who Feeds Them?
- Do Rattlesnakes Lay Eggs or Give Live Births?
- Will Birds Starve if I Stop Feeding?
- September 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- July 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- October 2009
Posted by Nancy on 7/24/2018 to All About Bird Feeders
Posted by Nancy on 7/17/2018 to Rattlesnakes
The Red Diamondback Rattlesnake is one of the most beautiful of all the rattlesnakes I have seen. They have brownish red diamonds with white edges. The belly is a creamy white.
Posted by Nancy on 7/10/2018 to Hummingbirds
It was cold enough in the Rocky Mountains that Dad agreed to reconsider tenting for a few nights. The fact that the Broad-tailed Hummingbird could survive the cold fascinated me. I have since learned that they enter a state of slow metabolism called torpor and only maintain a body temperature of about 54 degrees.